LIFE | 3 STEP RECOVERY PROCESS FROM LIFE MALFUNCTIONS

07:18

If there is one reality I am adept at comprehending is shit happens. Not just the literal kind smart ass.

One fine day, out of nowhere shit will surface all around and graduate to drown you in a matter of no time. Figuratively speaking. After the initial bout of hysteria, the wise thing to do then, I have learnt, is to hold your breath and wait for it to pass.
It will. It usually does.

However, philosophy won't always see you through testing times. What does help me most times is some good food and a good nights sleep. Now my latest medical reports have put me off my food debauchery, but that is a story for another day. And as luck would have it, sleep too is giving me the miss. As I said, all at once and out of nowhere.

But I am not one to cower to life's curve balls. Unable to change much at this point, I am trying to take control of the sleep situation.  Internet wisdom + common sense + experience has helped me device this three step process. Read on if you'd like...

RELAXING YOGA POSE 
aka Viparit Karani

Internet seems to suggest this pose as the thing for calming the over working mind the eff down and I testify affirmative. You can read further here 



COLD SHOWER.



I am aware of the praises showered (pun intended) on a warm one. It is raved that the warm water works on the tense muscles making you all loosygoosy but personally, I find it a boat load of boohokey. In the sweltering summer heat with 96% humidity, a warm shower is sure to do added damage to my already fried nerves. So, no thank you. Instead, I find a cold shower does the trick for me. The moment when a shock of cold water hits my head is the only time my mind is completey utterly blank. It is therefore fantastic to take my mind off whatever that is on my mind and it kinda continues that way. A cold head shower makes me alert and fresh and maybe its odd, but I kinda feel that the water is washing away my worries for the moment

ESSENTIAL OILS

This is my new found late twenties vanity...aroma oils. Well, aromatherapy in general. Which includes but is not restricted to candles, incense sticks, ceramic oil burners, vaporisers, scented pouches...yeah, its borderline mental. A good fragrance lingering in the house is bound to uplift mood. I light a vapouriser and put a few drops on my pulse points and back of my neck. Ocean Breeze from Aromathologia  is my ultimate peacifying (no, that's not a legit word) oil.





You know what it is better than the above, all 3 together!!!
- Light the vapouriser in your bathroom, put out the lights, you have candle light to guide you...and revel in a meditative cold shower.

- Come out, dry off, perch yourself in the wall pose for 10 minutes and I swear before its even 10 minutes you'd be relaxed than you were when you started.

Try it. Let me know if it helped you.

Until later
XO

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by. I can't wait to hear your mind. Shine bright. XX.