SHOPPING | HOME DECOR SITES THAT HELPED DO UP MY NEW HOME

01:00



One of the biggest milestones of my adult life is moving into my individual apartment. I have been living away from home for 10 years now and I cannot believe it has taken me this long to move out of shared living arrangements and get a place of my own. When I look back, I realise that I am more flexible than I give myself credit for. While I have no regrets of not doing this sooner, this new living situation is a welcome and exciting change...probably happening at the perfect time.

MY FAVOURITE PHOTO. NO EDITING/ NO FILTERS
The hunt for an independent pad had started on a complete different note, with a very different intention, but life has its own ways of surprising you, doesn't it? Now, after lots of turmoil and cognitive dissonance, I am finally starting to enjoy living by myself in my tiny, airy studio with a gorgeous lake view! 

One of the first decisions I had made towards doing up this house was:  everything must be curated. I realised that a tiny place like this will need special attention towards aesthetics and space saving to make sure it does not look cluttered, over powering or claustrophobic. As it is, I already own way too much furniture for someone living in shared spaces. But that finally came handy in making this empty space look & feel homey. While I already owned the key furniture pieces, these 5 sites came as great life savers.

INDIA CIRCUS



Now when I said I wanted everything curated, I meant EVERYTHING. And fancy doormats were my top priority. I was in no ways inclined to waste sizeable floor space with shabby doormats. I have had my eyes on this eclectic doormat since a long, long time. When I started the aesthetic process of moving in, this was my first purchase. Sadly, I was dissappointed after seeing the actual product. The colours are not even close to being as vibrant as they look above. I wouldv'e posted an actual picture but mine got water damaged in a month and I don't mean to slander them. Especially because their customer care has been very receptive of the feedback. Even otherwise, I genuinely adore their merchandise and wont hesitate to get something else if I fancy.


FABQUE



This site was a revelation! As they explain Fabque is a marketplace selling the most sought out fabulously unique products (or like we call to say fabque products) available in the market. So instead of individually searching out vendors for something as low-involvement as doormats, this site flooded me with options. I chose the above mat and the quality is really good. I will definitely go back for the jewellery and arts collection.

PEPPERFRY


This site has been a total life saver! I have spent HOURS here looking for basic utilities which so did not warrant a trip to the stores. But functionality aside, this gorgeous glass globe was a total impulse purchase with absolutely no ideas of how to put it to use. I didn't get a very clear idea of what the final roduct would be like from the site images. I ordered the large size, with absolutely no idea how large it would turn out to be! When I received the product, my first thought was Large was a damn good call.  So after much deliberation, I decided to hang it from the ceiling and stuff it with colourful pebbles and fairy lights and turn it into my mood-lighting feature. Look, how pretty!




THE ELEPHANT COMPANY
This gorgeous double bedset is my first housewarming present and I am actually waiting for a special occassion to inaugarate it. Thats how pretty and special it is! I have not come across such a good quality bed cover (cover: not sheet masquerading as cover) in a long time. Vibrant colour in good quality fabric. Added bonus: 2 pillow cases. I hate sets that come with one pillow case! I am tad concerned about the colour running so I will probably dry clean these just to be safe.

I also bought a hand towel set similiar . Sadly, they have not been put to good use yet. These are not the most absorbent towels, so use as face towels or hand towels is pretty much ruled out. The red basket is a functioning as a pot holder and one of the towels is a table mat of sorts. I hope to find more clever use of these pretty pieces.


PROPSHOP24-


Oh dear me, this site! I know the planner technically doesn't count as home decor, but hey, it helps planning house chores so that counts, right?  I absolutely adore these magnetic notepads and my super cool bottle opener! They function more as adornments for my fridge than utility and it makes me so so happy to just look at them! Simple joys :)


NEXT ON MY WISHLIST:

Yellow Trunk Posters

Kilishop Trinket Drawers

Crude Area Wall Arts

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. hi.. check the premium quality designer products by Hamee India- https://www.hamee-india.com/collections/pencil-wrap-case

    ReplyDelete
  2. organic coconut oil is also great for the digestive system, keeping your bowels in check and helping you prevent digestion-related issues like irritable bowel syndrome or IBS.

    I have beencastor oil for hair growth for long term which is very good to treat for acne.

    ghee price play a major role in the functioning of the heart, brain and also bone development.

    nattu sarkarai is the sweetner extracted from the cane, bamboo and cane is the same thing. They are both grasses in the Poaceae family of grass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you’ve ever experimented with adding cold pressed coconut oil into your diet you will likely recognize this captivating experience, as well as the sense of sustained energy, balance and vitality that this versatile oil can bring it. you can try with this oil next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. castor oil with price is a liquid that you take by mouth. It's typically taken during the day because it works quickly. The dose of castor oil used to treat constipation in adults is 15 milliliter.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by. I can't wait to hear your mind. Shine bright. XX.