BEAUTY | THE PERFECT LIPSTICK FOR BEAUTY BEGINNERS

00:08



Let me state it upfront, I am not a beauty blogger and this is not one of those blogs. I am not a beauty expert. I don't know it all.  And I sure as hell don't have the money to experiment with brand after brand, shade by shade of beauty offerings out in the world. To be very honest, I don't even understand half the things that are out there these days! There is a BB, CC & a DD cream? Is it some kind of a psychological joke? How is an illuminizer different from a highlighter? Eye lash primer! Really?

Confession: my (fairly) recent interest in makeup stemmed from a slight desperate need to appear somewhat adult-like to the world. You see, I am the kind of girl who gets asked for photo ID at bars and movie theaters and I turned 28 last month. While it is mostly flattering, it has kinda started to piss me off at work. 

Scenerio A: Meeting with a new client who at first glance dismisses me as a trainee until I make (sometimes forcefully) my presence reasoned pretty well. 

Scenerio B: my 22 years old reportees, who are either sporting a rock or giant baby bellies are asking me to "settle down." I am blaming hormonal funkiness for letting this assfacedsmugness get to me when honestly I wouldn't have my life any other way (rock/ baby-less, thanks). But I digress.

So as I was saying earlier, I am a total late bloomer in the beauty department. But while I am trying to make up (pun unintended) for lost time, I have a few clear ground rules which I presume only comes with age. Or when the money you are spending is the money you have hard earned and are therefore more aware of wasting spending.

Two ground rules relevant in qualifying this gem of a find to I MUST LET THE WORLD KNOW status are > 

Quality - I know I need to go out there and find my makeup mojo, But I am absolutely NOT going to screw my face with poor quality products for the sake of experimenting. This basically means I need to be really sure of what I buy and not be too wild with my picks. Which is great, because I think I have missed the boat on being able to pull off, this: 



Affordability- So the thing is, I like my money. I work damn hard to earn it. And I'd rather spend it on life's greatest pleasure than plaster my face in goo. I also find it criminal to pay this much money in general, on products and especially when I am not 100% sure I am going to use them regularly 

Yikes! That's a lot of context! Presenting, without further bullshit ado, 

Oriflame Pure Colour Intense Lipsticks!



These are babies are going down in history as my first lipstick love.  

Oriflame is not a brand I would have remotely considered to experiment make up from. I hardly ever made a purchase from the brand really even though they have a pretty good rep in general. But it all turned when our very sweet receptionist told me she was dealing in Oriflame and if I'd like to check the latest catalogue. I took it out of politeness and let me tell you, Universe sometime recognises good deeds :D

My first order was Daring Berry. The range was on discount so I took the chance to a little...daring with my lipper choices. My requirement from make up is to appear clean not clown and therefore I play it safe to the point of being chicken. But at 179 bucks ( $3 approx.) I was my bravest best. The universe lauded my balls and did not disappoint me. I wear it daily to work as a stain not full blown and I love how the little pop of colour makes me appear more put together than I actually am.

After love at first swipe, I wanted more. Warm Rust is my trusty & safe brown ideal for wearing full blown daily. Fabulous Fuschia on the other hand is a little wakaow for any time of the day, as far as I am concerned. I am gonna will myself to sport it one of these days.

Taking a cue from all the beauty bloggers out there I tried to do a swatch thing. Intending to give the truest impression, I wanted to do the colour test on 2 skin tones. So I seeked helped from my fair (pun totally intended) friend and had a gallon of fun! I totally think she could be a lip model man.

As seen below, colours vary as per skin tone. These colours are not too bright for me (1st row) but on her, (2nd row) they were pretty out there.



Therefore, in peroration, 5 reasons to try these >

1) The crazy, good pigmentation. Above photos are all after one swipe. God promise
2) The smooth texture that doesn't feel like an elephant is sitting on your mouth
3) Super moisturizing almost like a very pigmented lip balm
4) The supremely affordable price for such good quality
5) The size is perfect for newbies who are searching for their colour mojo. Even if you don't like the shade, you won't be stuck with it forever. Mine got almost over while playing!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Nice blog thanks for the information. You can also find iron tawa Online.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by. I can't wait to hear your mind. Shine bright. XX.