I AM AT A LOSS FOR WORDS

02:21



Through the course of this very zippy year, something strange has happened to me.
Much like when I was 9 or 10 years old, my brain has once again started reacting to the thrill of finding and using new words. Yes, like reading a new word and going, AH! and then, running to search the dictionary furtively googling the meaning. And then spending the next few days trying to use it.
(I suspect this is some kind of aging related defence mechanism but let's not dwell)

So there I was, reveling in this renewed sense of discovery,  when BAM! it set off another peculiar trend in motion. While looking up the new words, I suddenly started suspecting whether I was absolutely sure of the words I already knew. Like 100% sure and not using them like a certain Mrs. Khan, if you know what I mean... Anyway, this suspicion was followed by the incident of a friend used the word "stoic" somewhat differently and it set me off on a googling frenzy!

Confession: I googled furtive and peculiar while I was typing this, just to be sure. Yes, it has officially become a behavioural tick. Much like Sheldon Cooper and his knocking.

SO! To put a positive spin on all this, um, weirdness,  I have decided that here onwards, all my new word mining shall be enlisted here with a citation of how I came across it AND how I first used it! This is so PG13! Except its PG28. Anyway!

The first entry, ladies and gentlemen...*drumrolls* is

Pejorative



Discovered: While following the subtitles of the movie Friends with Benefits..."I don't say that pejoratively, I say it hopefully"
(You're so gonna watch the movie now to contextualise it, won't you? *evil laugh*)

Used in: Eagerly awaiting.

Phew!
So, what's going on with you?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi!! I have nominated your blog for Liebster Award , do check on my blog https://potpourriofmylife.wordpress.com/2015/11/01/liebster-my-first-blog-award-d/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Highest Quality Generic Drugs
    At Wayrightmeds.com, Generic drugs are also sell out that is equivalent to the brand drugs. They are equal in terms of safety, dosage, strength, quality, and the way they work on your body. The procedure for taking the generic drug is as similar to brand drugs. Generic drugs provide the same benefits that a brand drug will provide you with; along with that, the cost is also less.

    Fast & Free Services
    Here we offer fast & free services from which you can choose the shipping method.
    Courier shipping takes around 3 to 4 business days to get your product delivered.
    We deliver our services only in the United States.

    Overnight Delivery
    There are a few websites that are giving away the facility of overnight delivery to their customers; ours is also one among them. Moreover, you are the right place if you were looking for an overnight delivery service for drugs. We give guaranteed delivery, which is always on time in the United States.

    You are not just only given the comfort of ordering the product as per your time and accordance, but you can also track the order as it is shipped for your address.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by. I can't wait to hear your mind. Shine bright. XX.