WORD GEEK | WORD FIND

23:48


A couple of months ago, I had this epiphany concerning the credibility of my vocabulary. It sent me into a googling frenzy as you can read here and I am very happy to report that I am still tripping on my word-search frenzy. 

In discussion today is a word I was fairly certain of but upon searching, ended up discovering a much more robust meaning.
CONCEDE

WHAT I THOUGHT IT MEANS: Accepting defeat

WHAT THE DICTIONARY SAYS: 


    1. 1.
      admit or agree that something is true after first denying or resisting it.

    2. 2.
      surrender or yield (a possession, right, or privilege).








HEARD ON: Girls- S4 E9

USED IRL: Unlike my understanding of  "accepting defeat"  I love how the word allows space for being convinced rather than just hopelessly accept defeat. Used twice, in ideation brainstorming at work. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by. I can't wait to hear your mind. Shine bright. XX.